Online video is now the most powerful way forward for many companies to stay afloat and raise their profile.
In this course you will learn everything you need to know to set up and start creating your own smartphone videos for social media and marketing.
* 6 MODULES
* SHORT INSPIRING TRAINING VIDEOS
* 6 VIDEO TASKS
INFORMATIVE, FUN AND NO GEEKINESS!
If you are a coach, chef, designer, a large company or small charity, this course lays the ground for anyone who wants to increase their online visibility and reach a larger audience.
I've tried a couple of test runs at video blogging but felt I was missing the essential toolkit to get started. After taking this Crash Course that details the pitfalls, the fundamentals of creating a professional and meaningful vlog I'm now editing my first vlog to send out into the world. Well done Vlog Academy!
Mike Heffernan Co-Founder Dr. Heff's Remarkable Mints
CONFIDENCE, INSPIRATION AND STRUCTURE
Equipment, tech details, camera confidence, audience retention – Mi Elfverson, the Founder of The Vlog Academy - will cover it all in a very simple way, even for a beginner.
All you need is your smartphone, internet and passion for your subject!
Whether you want to become a lifestyle vlogger on YouTube or you are a director of a global company who want to position yourself as the go-to expert in your field, this course will give you a thorough understanding of how to enhance your videos and how to make them stand out in the competition.
If you've reached this page, you probably already know that video is growing rapidly as a way of communicating; not only on social media, but also within and between corporate industries and organisations.
If you don't learn how to get to terms with filming your own videos, you could lose out on so many levels; in marketing, teaching, updates and talking through live video to stay in touch with your team or clients.
This course simplifies the process of smartphone filming so a beginner easily can grasp both the technical parts and the confidence part (being in front of the camera without panicking!) and you will soon raise the quality of both the look and the sound of your videos.
You don't need any previous knowledge, just a smartphone and determination!
I will show you some really easy set-ups using my smartphone and natural lights so you get an idea of how simple it can be.
I explain why vlogging is one of the most powerful marketing tools you can have and how you can build up a returning audience by communicating with your tribe on a deeper level.
You just need to embrace that we're all different and unique and we need to show that in an authentic way. I'm really pleased to have included some tasks for you along the way so you can get practising already while doing the course!
If you follow all my tips and advice, you'll find your confident video persona, get organised and spread your message to increase your online presence.
There's never been a better time to take your business online. I'm here to get you up and running.
- About your tutor, Mi Elfverson, Founder of The Vlog Academy
- Course Index
- What the heck is vlogging and the difference between a video and a video blog
- The difference between a YouTuber and a Business Vlogger
- How did it start and what can we learn from YouTubers?
- What can vlogging do for you if you do it right?
- Video Categories / PDF
- 5 x types of videos you can make
- How long should a vlog be?
- What can you vlog about?
- The most popular YouTube video categories
- How often should you vlog?
- SUMMARY: THE FOUNDATION
- Using a colour backdrop
- Separating yourself from the backdrop
- Daylight filming / Livingroom
- Why is light so important?
- How to set up a video light
- Composition of a Talking Head Video / Framing
- Off-the-Cuff Vlogs
- Step into your Mind Space
- SUMMARY: SETTING UP
- VIDEO TASK 2) Review your presentation video
- Equipment 1) What camera should you use for vlogging?
- Equipment 2) Camera Stand / Tripod
- Equipment 3) Bluetooth Remote
- Equipment 4) Using a Microphone
- The difference a Clip on Microphone makes
- Equipment 5) Video Light with a softbox
- SUMMARY: EQUIPMENT
- Task 3) Do a news update video
- Where do you look?
- Hold your camera horisontally!
- Talk to one person only
- Who are you talking to?
- Be You.
- How to create a returning audience
- Trend Words
- Looking your best to build confidence
- Your Personal Powertools
- How to position yourself in front of the camera
- Practice Practice Practice!
- Be a celebrity!
- SUMMARY: GET READY TO ROLL
- VIDEO TASK 4) PRACTICE AN OFF-THE-CUFF VIDEO
- Your Brand Mission
- Your Video Avatar
- Create valuable video content
- How to Create a Content Calendar
- Copyright Theft
- CTA - Call to Action!
- SUMMARY: VIDEO STRATEGY
- VIDEO PRACTICE 3) Sell your product!
- The 7 x step Ultimate Vlog Structure
- Intro Examples
- The importance of your YouTube Channel
- The basic YouTube settings
- Use eye-catching thumbnails
- Adding a YouTube End Screen
- Spreading your videos and growing your audience
- How do YouTubers earn so much money?
- Further Training with us
- Introduction to editing your video / Adding text
- What have you learnt?
- The bad bad bad vlog example!
- SUMMARY: GETTING YOUR VIDEO SEEN
- Congratulations and what´s next...?
- THE END - BUT IT'S NOT OVER!
“I've got rid of all my tensions and worries of going in front of the camera. I've really enjoyed the hints and tips videos, really insightful and entertaining. I've actually started to wonder if I should continue doing the job I'm doing, or if I should work with vlogging.”
“I'm utterly thrilled I did this course, I'm so thankful to Mi, I'm now super motivated! The course is so easy to follow, clear instructions and it really has opened up my eyes to a whole new world - thank you! I can't recommend this course enough, it's definitely worth the journey and the effort!”
“I've tried a couple of test runs at video blogging but felt I was missing the essential toolkit to get started. After taking this Crash Course that details the pitfalls, the fundamentals of creating a professional and meaningful vlog I'm now editing my first vlog to send out into the world. Well done Vlog Academy!”